Help enhance employability skills and careers
From your own time as a student, you’ll know how alumni have contributed to your business-specific knowledge and ability to assess potential career paths – even possibly setting you on the path to where you are now.
That pivotal conversation at the Annual Careers Fair or a Careers event. Your thesis project or internship. Perhaps you went to a careers workshop or attended an information session or recruitment presentation evening. That invaluable mock interview. You may even be working alongside fellow alumni.
If you would like to give something back, why not share your experience through one of these routes? Whether you have easy access to Cranfield or are outside the UK, current students and alumni would value your help.
Be a Recruiter
- Host a stand at one of our recruitment events where you can promote your company and meet our students. Our next Annual Careers Fair is on Tuesday 7 November on the Cranfield Campus.
You don’t have to be UK-based to be a recruiter
- Register as a recruiter on Symplicity - our new talent management system – and promote your company’s job opportunities.This service is free and easy to use. You can target specific student groups, manage applications, register for career events and more.
- Build a talent pipeline for your organisation by being a recruitment champion. Liaise with your HR or management teams to discuss recruiting Cranfield students.
For more information see Recruiting Cranfield students
Share your expertise
For students thinking about their future careers, hearing from our alumni can provide that flash of inspiration. Throughout the year there are a number of ways you can help:
- Speak at a Cranfield careers event. We run learn industry-specific events and symposia throughout the year
- Host a careers workshop: these interactive events run throughout the year.
- Host an information session or recruitment presentation evening: We host weekly sessions on Thursday evenings where you can speak about your company and recruitment process and network with current students.
Provide direct experience
- Provide a student thesis project for an MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain student or offer a three-month internship to an MSc Management student. These run from June to August each year and give students real-life experience. The benefits to your company include a low cost, high quality source of objective research into an issue of value, provided within a short timeframe. It is also an opportunity to assess the quality of our talent as potential recruits.
- Contribute your skills to the MBA mock interview programme. If you have experience of competency-based interviewing and can spend a day at Cranfield between April and June, please consider facilitating mock interviews for our MBA students to give them the experience to win those jobs.
- For more information see Work with our students
If you’d like to learn more about how you can be involved in any of these opportunities then either contact Careers direct at E: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our alumni portal, where you can view current opportunities or register for a future opportunity.
This is one of the 50 Ways you can help support Cranfield School of Management as we celebrate our 50th anniversary. #CranfieldSOM50
For general queries about alumni volunteering, contact E: email@example.com, T: +44 (0)1234 754456; to register your interest for a Future Opportunity or search Current Opportunities.